Aussiespices and Berwick Grocery Plus trades as vibrant ethnic community grocery retail and take away outlets in South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria. The parent company "HCH Holdings Pty Ltd" imports diversified dry and frozen foods from overseas predominantly from Sri Lanka.
This unique business has introduced and actively contributed new experience to the well diversified food culture in Australia for the past 10 years with it’s rapid and steady growth. It has a unique bond with its customers and created a bridge to source the popular Sri Lankan groceries and seafood from Sri Lanka to make available to the Sri Lankan community living in Australia.
Some of the main activities carried out by the company is as follows:
- Retailers of Sri Lankan, Indian, Fijian, Mauritian and South African Spices, lentils and other grocery products
- Importers and Wholesalers of Sri Lankan Rice, Grocery products and an extensive Sri Lankan Sea food and other frozen food range
- Manufacturers and Distributors of Sri Lankan style Gourmet sausages
- Wholesale distributors of Lentils, Cashew, Desiccated coconut, spices, bottled food etc
- Sole Agent – exclusive Chef Publis bottled food range from Sri Lanka
- Take Away Food (Sri Lankan Food, Snacks and Sweets)
- “Food made to order” at Berwick Store (03 8786 9626). Traditional Hoppers on Friday nights.
- Small Functions/Dinner parties : catering orders undertaken
- Event management undertaken
- Orders taken for finger foods and Sri Lankan traditional sweets
- Retailers of Pooja Items such as Buddha statues, Atapirikara, Bodhi Pooja Powder, Sivuru Pirikara, Betel Leaves (Bulath) etc
- Money Transfer service to Sri Lanka since 2009
Ring 043 078 2907 for inquiries.
After a successful market study HCH Holdings Pty Ltd was incorporated in 2003 to cater to the growing needs and demand for the South Asian (mainly Sri Lankan, Indian etc) products in the well diversified Australian community.
Initially launching a telephone ordering system (Telespices) in 2003, the first grocery and takeaway outlet was found in Narre Warren Victoria in 2005 under the trading name of ‘Aussiespices’ and very soon became a popular marketplace for Australian grown spices and legumes, international grocery items and gourmet style Sri Lankan food.
The company opened it’s 2nd outlet in Mansfield, Queensland in 2009 (traded as “Ceylon Grocers” QLD) and became very popular among the community for it’s diversified food range.
The company launched it’s Sri Lankan operation in October 2009 as "HCH Holdings Ceylon Pvt Ltd" to manage goods exported from Sri Lanka
Subsequently, the company opened it’s third outlet in June 2010 in the busy Dandenong CBD (traded as “Ceylon Grocers” VIC) as a wholesale outlet targeting the culturally diverse community attracted to Dandenong. (Presently inoperative)
The fourth outlet was acquired in November 2010 in Berwick, Melbourne and trades as “Berwick Grocery Plus” also serving “Food made to order”.